25 June 2005

So You Wanna Be A Hip Hop Impresario...

I'd heard of Scott Storch before. I knew he is a big time music writer and producer and works wit' the biggest names in the mainstream music business. Some of those names include; Dr. Dre, Beyonce, Snoop Dogg and Sean Paul. I knew that he ranked right up there with The Neptunes in the "hit making" department.

Today, I had a rare opportunity to watch television with cable. There was an E! show about Christina Aguilera that caught my attention. (Please, don't judge me for this small transgression.) Lo and behold, Ms. Dirrrty also credits Scott Storch with some of her success. He was interviewed on camera-the first time I'd ever actually seen him.

He's a big, doofus, white guy! I love it! I love that my stereotypes were annihilated by this one dude with suburban, heavily gelled hair and a jacked up grill. To his credit, he was wearing very smooth shades. I was gloriously wrong in my expectations.

Thanks, Scott Storch. And thanks, E! Entertainment.